Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Roxy - February 5, 2012 - the day I noticed something was off

On Sunday February 5, 2012 I noticed that my girl was a little off. She was stumbling a little, and she seemed a little off. We went to the park for a bit, and while she seemed slower and a bit tired she was ok. Then we saw the squirrel....Roxy's favorite! I had to point out to Roxy that the squirrel was there, she started to run after it, chased it up the tree with a half bark, then lost interest. I knew then my dog had a brain tumor. My friend Neil and I had lunch at an outdoor cafe where Roxy could be beside us. She was still barking at the skateboarders, which is another one of her passions. We walked home, while she was tired she was ok. I made an appointment for a veterinary visit the following morning with Dr. Carlsen. He tried to give me hope, perhaps vestibular disease? Inner ear issue? I was hopeful. He prescribed some Baytril and Predisone. This seemed to work - her stumbling was improving, but she still seemed a little off. Our follow up appointment was Friday February 10. I knew I needed to get Roxy an MRI as soon as possible. The MRI was booked for Monday February 13.

No comments: